We Accept Pet Insurance in Round Lake, IL
Veterinary care doesn’t always fit nicely in your budget, especially when unexpected injuries or illnesses occur. In these circumstances, it’s ideal to have pet insurance. With pet insurance, t’s easier to budget for your monthly premium and deductible rather than future unknown costs. Then, if your pet does require emergency care, you’ll be reimbursed appropriately by your insurance company!
How Does It Work?
Pet insurance is similar to human insurance. You’ll pay a monthly premium and a deductible. After that, your insurance plan’s coverage kicks in and you’ll be covered for a percentage of your pet’ emergency bill or a set annual amount based on the type of reimbursement plan you go with.
One big difference between human and pet insurance is that pet insurance companies do not pay your veterinarian directly. It’s up to you to pay the initial bill and then file a claim to receive your reimbursement.
Choosing a Pet Insurance Policy
At Companion Animal Hospital of Round Lake, we accept a large number of insurance plans, meaning you have the flexibility to shop around and find the best policy for you and your pet. When doing your research, here are a few things to consider:
- Your pet’s current health condition. Is your pet a young puppy or kitten with no health problems, or an older pet with a pre-existing condition? Or is your pet a breed with common hereditary problems? Enrolling your pet when they are young is ideal. You’ll save on premiums, and won’t suffer from lack of coverage for pre-existing conditions.
- The type of insurance you want. After assessing your pet’s health, it’s important to think about what type of policy would work best for you. Is an accident-only plan, unexpected illnesses and injuries, or a preventive care plan right for you?
- How you’re reimbursed. Pet insurance companies either reimburse you a percentage of your invoice (usually 70% or more) or give you a benefits schedule of allowances, which offers you a set amount annually.
- Research what is and isn’t covered. Before you commit to a plan, make sure you understand exactly what is and what isn’t covered to keep any future surprises to a minimum!
Comparing Pet Insurance Companies
To help you get started in your search, we’re comparing two popular pet insurance companies side by side. Do your own research to find what the best plan is for you!
- One plan to choose that covers all unexpected illnesses and injuries
- Choose what you pay monthly from a sliding scale the adjusts according to your deductible and level of coverage
- Reimburses you 90% of your pet’s bill
- Multiple plans to choose from that cover emergency as well as routine care
- Ask for a multi-line/multi-pet discount if you have more than one pet or if you also have car or home insurance with Nationwide
- Different plans have different reimbursement policies