Emergency Vet Care in Round Lake
There's no such thing as a convenient emergency--when it happens, it happens! At Companion Animal Hospital of Round Lake, we understand the urgency that comes with pet emergencies. Therefore, we always make urgent cases a priority if we have the ability to handle them during our regular operating hours. If you are able, please call (847) 270-0880 in advance so our emergency vet team can be prepared for your arrival. We also encourage you to call us if you're not sure whether or not your pet is having an emergency. It's always better to be safe, and we'll be happy to answer your questions!
These Signs Could Signal a Health Emergency
Certain behaviors or health conditions could be a sign of something much more serious. Recognizing these signs as urgent could potentially save your (or someone else's) pet's life:
- Wheezing, panting heavily, trouble breathing
- Seems to be in pain
- Bleeding from nose and/or ears
- Pale gums
- Rapid and/or irregular heart beat
- Foaming at the mouth
- Loss of consciousness
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea
- Blood in stool or vomit
- No eating and/or drinking in more than 24 hours
- Unable to urinate, seems constipated
- Eye injury
- Limping, possible broken bones
- Potential internal injury
Need After-Hours Emergency Care for Your Pet?
If your pet has an emergency after our office has closed, don't panic! We work very closely with Premier Veterinary Group, a nearby emergency vet referral hospital that offers animal emergency and critical care services and hospitalization 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The benefits of taking your pet to Premier Veterinary Group include:
- A free first exam for all patients referred from Companion Animal Hospital of Round Lake
- Discounts on overnight and hospitalization fees
- Access to specialists board certified in areas including internal medicine, cardiology, oncology and others
Partnering with Premier Veterinary Group ensures that patients with urgent needs receive seamless care. Our hospitals collaborate and maintain open communication channels so that every pet receives the proper treatment and has a smooth recovery.